Charming Bed-and-Breakfast, along Nantes-Brest canal
A place, a space, a welcome
Panoramic view of the old port of Rohan from the “Chapelle de Bon Encontre” to the “Villa Tranquillité”. Although not representing reality, the photo is interesting to get an idea of this classified site
This page provides a brief description in English of what Villa Tranquillité can offer you. You can book directly online here on this website. I will appreciate if you help me correct the errors on this translation. This will allow me to better accommodate English speaking people. thank you so muchAgnès DURAFFOUR
Welcome in Brittany !
Rohan : an ideal place to discover Brittany and to walk along the channel
- The Gulf of Morbihan and its islands (1 hour)
- Carnac megaliths and its beaches (1:20)
- Beaches and ocean in Erdeven on South (1:20)
- The wild coast of Quiberon
- The coast around Saint Brieuc (1:20)
- Pink granite coast on North (1:50)
- Saint Malo (1:50)
- Le Mont Saint-Michel (2 hours).
The charm of the Nantes/ Brest Canal attracts many hikers, cyclists and recreational boat users. You will delight in its calm mysterious waters.
A charming Bed-and-Breakfast
You’ll appreciate quality and be happy if you look for picturesque place to holiday. La Villa Tranquillité is a “maison de caractère” situated on a classified site in Rohan by the canal lock and weir and the “Chapelle Notre Dame de Bon Encontre”. The house was built around 1920 and we have retained the charm of the beautiful era of the Gustavian-style decor of the 1930’s – in light shades of grey and white, and simply furnished.
I’ve got 5 guest rooms for a total capacity of 11 adults or 15 people. They have either a bath or shower, with high quality bed linen. All rooms include tea making facilities, with a wide selection of teas, and infusions. WIFI.
There is also the opportunity to try our large range of green, white and black, organic or herbal teas in the dinning room.
Description of the regional committee of the tourism
“The majestic Villa Tranquillité, right on the edge of the Nantes-Brest canal near Pontivy, is surrounded by its own large garden, and is perfect for visitors looking for a chance to re-charge and enjoy a sense of well-being. Agnes’s organic and vegetarian specialty dishes are certainly worth coming for.
The décor in the 5 rooms in this villa is carefully thought through, with a peaceful, Nordic feel featuring tones of grey, white and beige. Most of the spacious rooms have their own bathroom. The ‘Duc de Rohan’ and ‘La belle Epoque’ rooms feature beautiful baths, one of which is freestanding. You’ll be able to watch the barges and pleasure boats from your room, and Agnes will be delighted to help you explore the canal during a canal-themed holiday.
Family-themed breaks are also possible as well as writing workshop breaks. If relaxation is more your thing, then take advantage of the Well-Being break, which includes massage, shiatsu and natural treatments. Enjoy organic specialties over dinner including walnut lentil gratin, or salmon and cabbage millefeuille. Children will love the peacocks and geese that freely roam the property, and adults will be glad to see all the tourist information available, and take up the offer of hiring a bike for some great trips out.”
Facilities and usefull information
- Arrival : 17:30-19:00 / Departure: 10:30 (other hours on request: send a text : +33676101249)
- Free WIFI available
- Tax not included: 0,50€ per adult et per night.
- CB, Visaor credit card accepted
- Discount prices from 3 nights
- Private parking
- Bike storage with with sockets (plugs) for electric bikes
- Copious breakfast included (eggs, cheese, bacon on request and reservation… )
- Equipped kitchen for the guests where you can cook or make some coffee
- One tablet to look for information
- Tourism information : books, revues, brochure, maps and flyers
- Tourism information office in Rohan from May to October
- English library
- Table d’hote = evening dinner at home on reservation (except in high season)
- 3 Restaurants in Rohan: crêperie, pizzeria-grill, gastronomic or hotel restaurant
To reach me easily, send me a text.
+33 676 101 249
What’s for dinner?
I offer organic cuisine with many local products which is appreciated by my hosts. Dinner at 20€, add 5 € per option and per person if you want an aperitif, wine (served at will) or cheese (beautiful cheese platter)